What Can One Do if Immigration Paperwork is Lost by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)?

What legal recourse is available to a prospective immigrant whose paperwork has been, by its own admission, mislaid by USCIS (the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) on two separate occasions, resulting in significant delay in the processing of her visa application?


Dear Lost,

You should immediately contact a qualified immigration attorney. I can highly recommend my colleague, and former INS trainer, Carl Shusterman.

Good luck!